10.8.10

Ess Dee- Re-Dux

Finally Back
For those of you that know me, know that Thrice is my favorite people to listen to. They left me with two choices, go to a hometown show for them in Pomona, or go to the house of blues in sunny San Diego. Easy choice. I haven't been to SD since Desiree finished at UCSD, so it was hard to tell if i was excited about just being there or seeing Thrice also. -It just so happened to be the same day i booked our Vegas trip!

Didn't take a lot of pictures, but was able to visit the favorite spots, along with her school.

014

019
Was also able to hit up the favorite Mexican spot, El Indio. Just as we remembered. Greatest ever. If only they were open 24hrs. After I wanted to stop by the 5&aDime shop. Didn't realize I would be spending more than I planned. But I can't help it if the clothes were nice.
035

037

040
Yes. Still fantastic.
After the food and 5&aDime, Desiree and I ventured through downtown. Decided to keep my camera in the car to focus more on the city as a whole rather than trying to capture bits and pieces. Relaxing, and stress free.

As for the concert, the best opening bands I've seen with Thrice. I will admit that Thrice has a habit of taking "different" sounds on tour with them, but this time those sounds were good. Could not compare to Thrice though. Some shows I've been to, they have been a little slow, but thankfully they thrashed through the whole set. They played songs from all their albums except for Identity Crisis. That's going back nearly 10 years into their catalogue. So thank you for a great show.

Mug shots from the Loft @UCSD
026

028
The real reason this is an SD re-dux. I had to retake this shot from December.

247-60lbs=041

Next up? VEGAS

1 Comment:

Sharon said...

omg Danny- seriously congrats on the weight loss. I'm so proud of you. You know I totally understand how that feels and I know it's DAMN GOOD FEELING. lol.. I think we're always going to struggle here and there to maintain, but I think people like us actually live healthier until the end versus all those skinny people who eat whatever they want just because they're genetically thin. I know so many people who get sick all the time and can't run half a mile because they never work out.. yay SOOO happy for you Danny. Seriously.. don't know how many times I can say that!

Post a Comment