4.3.11

Favorite Things: Part 1

SF. Period.
370
I came up with the idea to update my blog with a few of my favorite things. This will force me to update in between posts of events or outings I may have, as well as let some of you in on what I like. So just be ready for a few updates like these every now and again.

I decided to begin with San Francisco. (Full blog to hopefully follow soon).
I just so happened to be lucky enough to get a weekend off from work the exact time Desiree was able to go up north to visit family in Sacramento. Though Sacramento was very fun, and the purpose of the trip, We decided to try and make a day trip to SF.

I already love begin on vacation. Going out and seeing new things, I love every moment. San Francisco was a brand new experience. We were the biggest tourists you could imagine, without being from another country. Six hours was all it took for me to get hooked on the city. In my head, I knew we wouldn't be able to do a lot, but I had no idea how much more I wanted to do. I loved just being there, in a city that felt full of life. We left needing more. The drive back to Sacramento was somewhat somber, in that we both knew we didn't want to leave.

We'll be back again though. Planned and ready to do anything and everything. This leads me to my next favorite thing.

Traveling. Vacations. Being anywhere else but the familiar.

I love capturing moments that I may forget. I enjoy looking back and recalling memories that I would otherwise leave behind. But there is something about being on vacation that fills me with energy and emotion that enables me to be ready and willing to do just about anything. With a camera or not, I find myself thinking back and wishing I was on vacation again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

favorite zity of mine, zf iz amazing. we zhould go there together zoon.-dooms

tedismynickname said...

First I need to come and see you!

Post a Comment